Neighborhood Leadership Fellows is an advanced leadership training program of Creating Whole Communities and the St. Louis Promise Zone-St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. The mission of Neighborhood Leadership Fellows (NLF) is to increase and amplify the voices of North St. Louis City and County residents at the civic decision-making tables in order to produce more equitable regional policies for neighborhoods. The primary geographic focus area is neighborhoods within the St. Louis Promise Zone due to the well-documented need for more targeted investment. To learn more about the St. Louis Promise Zone, click here.
What to Expect
Neighborhood Leadership Fellows is a nine-month advanced leadership training for community leaders.
The Neighborhood Leadership Fellows provides hands-on training emphasizing:
- Educational Workshops- On policies, new research and innovation that promote equitable neighborhood development (housing, education, economic development, public safety)
- Tactical Trainings- On communication, followability, organizing
- Positional Power Trainings- For boards, commissions, committees, and public office
- Collaborative Learning- Through dialogue, discussion, and presentations among fellows and experts
- Mentoring and Networking- With other civic leaders and peers
Neighborhood Leadership Fellows strongly encourages residents from the St. Louis Promise Zone & Neighborhood Leadership Academy graduates to apply.
If selected to participate in Neighborhood Leadership Fellows, a $2,000 award will be granted for compensation.
To view more information about NLF and view program session dates & topics, a PDF info flyer is available for download.