Neighborhood Leadership Fellows is an advanced leadership training program of Creating Whole Communities and the St. Louis Promise Zone-St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. The mission of Neighborhood Leadership Fellows (NLF) is to increase and amplify the voices of North St. Louis City and County residents at the civic decision-making tables in order to produce more equitable regional policies for neighborhoods. The primary geographic focus area is neighborhoods within the St. Louis Promise Zone due to the well-documented need for more targeted investment. To learn more about the St. Louis Promise Zone, click here.
What to Expect
Neighborhood Leadership Fellows is a nine-month advanced leadership training for community leaders.
The Neighborhood Leadership Fellows provides hands-on training emphasizing:
- Educational Workshops- On policies, new research and innovation that promote equitable neighborhood development (housing, education, economic development, public safety)
- Tactical Trainings- On communication, followability, organizing
- Positional Power Trainings- For boards, commissions, committees, and public office
- Collaborative Learning- Through dialogue, discussion, and presentations among fellows and experts
- Mentoring and Networking- With other civic leaders and peers
Program Update: The application phase has ended as of November 6th, 2017 at midnight. The online application portal is now closed and applications will no longer be accepted.
Neighborhood Leadership Fellows strongly encourages residents from the St. Louis Promise Zone & Neighborhood Leadership Academy graduates to apply.
If you are interested in NLF but live outside of the Promise Zone, we welcome your registration for Neighborhood Leadership Academy, our flagship leadership program for the entire St. Louis region. More information here: http://cwc.umsl.edu/nla/ Please contact Claire Wolff if you would like to be notified when the 2018 NLA registration opens.
If selected to participate in Neighborhood Leadership Fellows, a $2,000 award will be granted for compensation.
To view more information about NLF and view program session dates & topics, a PDF info flyer is available for download.